Marlon Brando: The Lack of Satisfaction




Interview with Marlon Brando
Conducted by James Grissom
By Telephone
1990


Nothing is good for very long, and this is why we lie, we invent, we act. That's what I meant--what I mean--when I say that we all act all the time. The application is unique among those of us who get a paycheck, but the acting is real and persistent among us all. We lie to ourselves because nothing is ever as wonderful as we dreamed and hoped it would be. Sex is great--for a time--and then invention and fabrication enter the act. I was as dumb as everyone in thinking that money and recognition would alter me far more than it did. It only does so much, you know?

And I think this is good. I think it is how it should be. Because we need to keep moving on. Got laid? Great. Move on. Got some money. Great. Use it well. Move on. Did something well? Great. Keep doing it well. Do it better. Do something else.

The lack of satisfaction will save us.



©  2015  James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts